Google Adsense

.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

GOD LORD! Where o where did my traditions go????

I have to say, this is the first year that I can HONESTLY remember that I did not enjoy the holiday season. I feel SO rushed this season, and I feel VERY behind. I'm not sure if its because I have had only 2 days off so far since December 1st, or that I feel like because I have no time, I have not been able to get my Christmas shopping finished, or because I still have not wrapped my presents yet, or because I am still trying to pack for our vacation that is quickly approaching. Whichever it is, I'm really upset about it.

While I was trying to do laundry tonight, I ran into the living room to grab a sock that has its partner MIA, and all of a sudden, I stopped dead in my tracks. My tree caught me so off guard because I had yet to sit down with my family and truly enjoy the season. I had been so preoccupied with gifts, vacations, being exhausted and angry, that I forget to pay attention to what REALLY matters: my family and my traditions with them. My son must have realized that I was upset about it, and he came over and hugged me. "Its OK mommy, you don't have to be sad" he said. Wow. My 6 year old knows that I am so disappointed in myself; but, he also brought me right back to where I should be. Right with him.

So, if my presents don't get wrapped, or we forget something for vacation, or I couldn't get out to get a gift, what does it matter? As long as I have my little man and my hubby with me, the world could collapse around me! Remember, if you are in the same boat as I am, STEP BACK, reassess your traditions, and ENJOY THE SEASON WITH YOUR FAMILY!!!

With that said, I will check back in the next few days, but I may not have any new projects. I will be starting fresh January 1st!

Until next time, hope to find you SPENDING TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY :) Next year I'll catch you craftin' and stampin'!

0 comments:

Post a Comment