Google Adsense

.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

HIMCR-Mix It Up with a Halloween Theme

Hey All!!

Time for another Hiding In My Craft Room challenge!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Today's theme is MIX IT UP...with a Halloween Theme!

I think I mixed it up well...I used wood in my project!!!

Here it it:


I went to Lowes and grabbed a 2X4X10 and had them cut it down to 12 inch pieces (because that's the smallest the are allowed by law to cut), then had my brother in law cut them down to 4 inch pieces.

Once they were all 4 inches (which I got about 25 pieces out of that, and it only cost me $4.50!), I then sanded them down to make sure they didn't scratch anyone.

Then, I painted the blocks purple. After I painted them, I used MOD PODGE and painted the front, then stuck my back ground paper on, mod podged again,then the letter E.

I used my Silhouette to cut the letters which are fonts from DA FONT.

After the letters were on, I Mod Podged the WHOLE block. After it dried, I added the purple ribbon as decoration!

Took me a total of 2 hours from start to finish with everything drying! Give it a whirl!!!

Now, go and check out some more inspiration with the DT!!!!

OK all, hope to catch you all Craftin' and Stampin'!


7 comments:

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Absolutely a neat idea. Thank you for sharing. Hugs, Velma

Georgiana said...

Your blocks look awesome. I just received some letter blocks in a grab bag from Michaels and I was brainstorming what to do with them. This is a perfect idea. Thanks!

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Unknown said...

Jessica this is brilliant!!!! Love love love these blocks ..what a fantastic idea!! I have to go to Home Hardware!!!!

Unknown said...

Have to pin this!

Angela Crafty Spot said...

I love your blocks!! Great job :)

Jenscrapstoo said...

Such a cute idea!! Love these boxes!! Cheers Jennie

Migdalia said...

Great idea!!Very Creative!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

Post a Comment