Google Adsense

.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Business, Hurricane Irene, & Things I've learned with my Gypsy!

Hello out there! I am SO bad with keeping up with my blog! I wish I had an app on my phone that would allow me to just type my heart out and get it into my blog because finding time in front on my computer just AINT HAPPENING ENOUGH!

So, let me first ask... is everyone is ok after Hurricane Irene? We got smacked around pretty good here. I was more concerned with the 3 hours of tornado watches that kept happening on Saturday night. I'm telling you, when I hear them say that my county was under the watch and to get to shelter immediately, I almost died! I was SO afride! But, thankfully we were all just fine! I hope everyone of you were safe and sound also!

Business is going pretty steady so far! Its A LOT of work to try to start up a business! But, I think we are doing it the right way, and really trying to get our name out there! Please, if any of you can, pass my blog on to a friend, and ask them to pass me on to another friend! We are really trying to get our name out there!!!! Its all work of mouth right now, and hopefully someday, people will just think of us when they need party items and planning!

So, have any of you wanted to know some in's and out's our your Gypsy? I know I love to read my instruction books as soon as I get a new item so I know the in's and out's of whatever it is that I bought. Well, the problem with my Gypsy was that I didnt get a manual. It said it was online. Seriously, who can read a instruction book online...anyone???? I know I cant! Well, thats where I decided to try to figure some things out on my own! Like for starters, did you know that you can hide contour, make an easel card, make any shape card that you have on your Gypsy...? I know I didnt! I happen to stumble upon making my word book a few weeks back, but I wanted to get more use out of it! I will be attaching my video of the items I found on my blog later today. I am still trying to figure out how to make it not be a HUGE file! lol!

For now, please enjoy some cards that I recently made with the Gypsy!

This a CASE of a card I saw online! I wanted to try it out in pink because my partner is pregnant and we just found out she having a girl! YEA! Used New Arrival.

Bride Favor boxes are for a shower that I have to do on Sunday! The bride LOVES pink! Used Tie the Knot Cartridge!

Happy Birthday Card for my brother in law' girlfriend! Used Birthday Bash!

My brothers birthday present! We call him Farmer Bill now because he is so in love with his garden! lol! I used Freshly Picked for this!

Can't remember if I posted this card on here! I had to make 60 of these for a sweet 16 party Alice in Wonderland themed party! The client LOVED them! I used Disney Classics, Nifty Fifties, and Indie Art.


Ok! I hope this was an informative post! LOL! I just wanted to touch base with you all cause I miss you guys!!! 

8 comments:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

First off, glad you are ok after the hurricane. I grew up in FL and survived several hurricanes.
Live in Central TX and we have had 30+ days of 100+ temps.

I'm learning to use my Gypsy also. Have had the Cricut for 1 yr and the Gypsy since Oct last yr. I'm a computer person & found the Gypsy not as easy as I thought it would be. If I had designed I would have made it more user friendly & would have included a booklet. I have learned how to use the Advanced feature hide contour. Not tried the easel card from Gypsy but have made one the manual way.

You ought to enter the wedding favors in the Decorate to Celebrate Wedd theme challenge that I'm a Guest Designer for this wk.

Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Claire Spielman said...

All the favors look great, especially the wedding ones. Glad you could join the Decorate to Celebrate challenge. Check out my blog if you get a chance, would love to have you follow.
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

Rhonda Emery said...

your bridal favors are so great for our challenge at decorate to celebrate thank you for joining on this challenge.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Glad you entered the wonderful wedding party favors.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
Guest Designer Decorate to Celebrate
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Aim said...

Glad you are safe after Irene... Your bridal favors were perfect for the challenge -- So glad Melissa encouraged you to enter them. :)

Thanks so much for decorating your celebrations at the Decorate To Celebrate! Challenge Blog!

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
and Decorate To Celebrate!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Nice to see your favor creations in the comment blog hop. Again, glad you entered them to show off the talent you have. Visiting from Decorating to Celebrate comment blog hop.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

TinaGAle said...

love the dress boxes. need to try to make these. coming from DTC
tina
http://tiggersscrapplace.blogspot.com

Carla said...

I love the dress boxes they are adorable and fun. Thanks so much for sharing your projects with us. I'm here from the DTC Hop


http://racincrafts.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment