Google Adsense

.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cookie Day!!!

Today was such a great day with my family! It was Christmas Cookie day! We made Sugar Cookies, Pizzels, Peanut Butter Kiss, and Sugar Cookies!




 I brought my Cricut Cake Machine with me and we made some fondant cut outs for the sugar cookies! My brother, sister in law, and parents have never seen a Cricut machine in action... Can you believe it?? They thought it was so very cool!!! I LOVED introducing them to it! Next step is card making for the girls and glass etching with Cricut for the boys! Anyway, back to the cookie talk!

This was the first year we made the Santa Surprise Cookies and I'm SO glad we added them to our yearly tradition! They are awesome and super easy to make! But, I bet you are wondering what the surprise is! Well...... It's a SNICKERS MINI in the middle of the cookie!!! Yuuuuummmmmyyyyy! Here's some quick pics of how I made them, and of coarse, the recipe!

Directions:


  1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
  2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
  3. In a large bowl, mix together butter, peanut butter, and sugars until light and fluffy.
  4. Add eggs and vanilla and combine thoroughly.
  5. Then mix in flour mixture.
  6. Cover and chill dough 2-3 hours.
  7. To form cookie, scoop a tablespoon of chilled dough and flatten.
  8. Place a miniature Snickers in the center and form the dough into a ball around the Snickers.
  9. Place on a greased cookie sheet.
  10. Bake for 10-20 minutes.
  11. Cool cookies on a rack.
  12. Optional: Decorate cookies with powdered sugar or drizzled melted chocolate or both.
 Dough after its chilled for 2-3 hours
Flattening out a tablespoon of dough 
 Cutting up my Snickers Fun Size to be the size of Snickers Minis, lol!
Placing my Snickers in the center of my dough 
 Wrapping the dough around the Snickers
ALL DONE :) And boy are they are surprise for your taste buds!

Also, here is a quick pic of what the Cricut Fondant Cutouts looked like!!!


And last, but not least, a quick picture of what my angel looked like after we were FINALLY all done making cookies!!! Until tomorrow!!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment