Google Adsense

.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Creating Your Own Embellishments Using Glossy Accents



Hi All!

Today is my turn to host the Thursday Craft 'n Chat at Made Espeically For You! For my Craft 'n Chat post, I decided I would show you how to create your own embellishements out of Glossy accents!

I wanted to tell you how I came up with this....

About a year ago, I was going to volunteer for the Autism Speaks walk, and I wanted to make puzzle piece pins. Well, I did not have a Cricut Cartridge that cut out an image of a puzzle piece (which I would of cut out of chipboard and decorated). I did have a a puzzle piece punch that I knew I could use! So I punched out 5 puzzle pieces out of card stock of the same color. I adhered them all together (one on top of another) with adhesive. Then, I used the Glossy accents on the top and sides of the puzzle pieces. I let them dry on a piece of wax paper, for about an hour and then adhered a pin clip on the back and it was done!!

So, after making the pin, I thought, what about embellishments??? I tried it out with a circle punch to make a "button" in a particular color that I did not have in my button stash. And guess what? It WORKED!! So, I am going to share my technique with you! I hope you enjoy this video!

Thanks for allowing me to share this with you and the rest of the Especially Made bloggy friends!

Hope to catch you all Craftin' and Stampin'!

1 comments:

jessica said...

great video and tip!!
TFS

Post a Comment