Google Adsense

.

Monday, January 9, 2012

What a week :(

Hey all....

Sorry I have not posted in the last two days....I have had an AWFUL week....On Tuesday we found out that my Babci (polish for Grandmother) has breast cancer and has to have a mastectomy. Thankfully she found a wonderful oncologist who is going to do the surgery on the 17th of January. They will also be checking her lymph nodes to see if the cancer has spread anywhere else. They said as of right now, it appears to be "Phase 1"...? I am a little unsure of what that means, cause when it comes to cancer, I have not heard of Phases, only Stages. I just pray that the surgery is quick and that the cancer has not spread.

Then, my sister in law gets rushed to the emergency room in the middle of the night on Wednesday because of Kidney Stones. It took her until Saturday to finally pass it. They said it was size able, but not big enough to remove. Instead, she had to just pass it.

To top off my week of two awful things, my business partner tells me that she is going to be leaving our day job (we work a day job together and have a business on the side) and going to another job! She has been out on maternity leave for 3 weeks now. I thought maternity leave would be awful without her, but now knowing she isn't coming back, well, I would take maternity leave for 6 months over this!

I have had all I could handle for a week...ready for a new week to start for me, and ready for some good things to happen in 2012!

To take my mind off all this, I decided to clean and re-organize my craft room. New year, new ideas, new setup to my room! I had a chance to have some crafty time with my other partner, Colleen, and we got some really cute Easter Cards done! I also made sure to take some time out for just me, and I created a few projects that I will be entering into 2 design teams. I will be posting them for Tuesday and Wednesday. I want to make sure I am staying on top of crafting time this year, because for me, it is very peaceful and relaxing. Of coarse my first way to relax is to have family time, but just having a few hours a week to myself to craft is just the best! I look forward to the days where I can turn the world off and just craft!!!

Ok guys, please keep my Babci in your prayers! I will fill you in once she has her surgery and I will also post a little something this week about a giveaway. It will involve making a Cancer Sucks type of card that I am asking my blog followers to create and send to me so I can pass on to her when she gets home from the hospital! I think it will brighten her day for sure!  I will give you a heads up on the giveaway...I will be giving away a Stampin' Up punch and another little goodie! Not sure what the other goodie will be as of yet, but I know it will be good! But, if you would like to get started on the card, and send it to me, here is my address! Once I receive your card, I will number is from 1-whatever amount I get. After that, I will have my little dude pick a number and I will video tape it and put it up on my blog so you see it wasnt fixed, lol!

Babci Barbara
C/O Jessica Wilson
272 W Atlantic Ave
Fl 2
Audubon, NJ 08106

Thank you all so much! Hope to find you all Craftin' and Stampin'!

0 comments:

Post a Comment